CATABUS is State College’s community public transit provider which includes commuting services, senior transportation services and two bus services:
The Community Service buses consist of 17 different bus routes that circulate throughout the community. These routes offer service to the Downtown State College area, the Penn State Campus, Bellefonte, Pleasant Gap, and many other residential areas.
The Campus Service consists of four routes that offer fare-free campus/downtown circulator and cross-campus shuttle service.
Cycling & Driving
If you are interested in using your vehicle or bicycle as a transportation method you will need to register your vehicle/bike with the University Park transportation office. You may register your bike/ vehicle online.
Bike permits issued on the University Park campus are identical to the permits issued by the Borough of State College.
For more information about cycling ...
In the BoroughThe Borough of State College provides parking services to shoppers, diners, visitors and employees of downtown businesses and the Penn State campus. With over 1600 parking spaces in the downtown area, we are able to serve a wide variety of parking needs.
Here are a few parking garage options within the borough:
Pugh and Fraser Street Garages - $95 per month
Beaver Garage - $80 per month
McAllister Deck - Reserved $80 per month
McAllister Deck - Roof $60 per month
Sparks Lot $50 per month
Railroad Lot $48 per month
More information on parking in State College...
To park on campus, a parking permit must be obtained. The permit must be displayed on your vehicle’s rearview mirror.
Things to Keep in Mind When Parking On Campus:
- You may only park in the lots identified by the color and lot designation of your assigned parking permit, with the following exceptions:
- From 7:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m., Monday–Friday: Orange lots are open to all Red (Exception: Red CR/Commuter permits are not valid in Orange parking lots), Yellow, Brown, Green, and Orange faculty/staff permits. Lot 44 (Jordan East) and Stadium West are open to all faculty/staff permits.
- From 4:00 p.m.–7:30 a.m., Monday–Friday, and all day Saturday and Sunday: Red, Yellow, Brown, Green, and Orange faculty/staff lots are open to all faculty/staff permits.
- Faculty/staff permits are NOT valid in any student lots.
- No parking is permitted in Lot 44 (Jordan East) and Stadium West from 2:00 a.m.–4:00 a.m., seven days a week.
- Floating permits are valid only on vehicles displaying a current Red, Yellow, Brown, Green, or Orange faculty/staff permit. (Exception: Floating permits cannot be used with the Red CR permit.) They are not valid in all parking areas. Check the back of the floating permit for a list of the lots it is valid in.
- If a permit is lost or stolen, report the incident to your designated parking chair immediately. A non-refundable processing fee of $25 will be assessed for hangtag permits and $50 for transponders. This is not a replacement fee. The fee must be paid regardless of whether or not a new permit is issued.
- On weekends when there is a home football game, Lot 44 (Jordan East), Stadium West, Orange L, Orange D, and Orange E are restricted from all permit parking from midnight on Friday until the resumption of normal traffic patterns after the game. Additional restrictions may apply for games and other special events.