Refuse, Recycling & Organics
When is My Collection Day?
Open the map to see what day your refuse and recycling is collected in the Borough of State College.
Collection Day Map
Pay my Bill OnlinePay your refuse bill online through Official Payments. Visa, American Express, MasterCard, Discover and e-check are accepted forms of payment.
Pay My Refuse Bill Online
Request Bulk Pickup
Residents may schedule an appointment for the collection of bulk refuse (i.e. riff raff, scrap) by submitting a Bulk Refuse Pickup Form or by calling (814) 234-7135, 24 hours a day, and leaving a message.
Announcements about our program, service changes, collection schedule changes and additional information are provided through our Notify Me email system.
The Borough’s Public Works Department serves all residential and commercial properties in the municipality. Use of the service is mandatory and is the only legal means of disposing of refuse in the Borough.
Organics Recycling Program
The Borough has a food scrap and yard trimming recycling program throughout the Borough for residential accounts.
- Can the Borough pick up electronics?
- Am I required to recycle?
- Who should I contact about recycling?
- How do I obtain recycling and refuse containers?
- What day of the week is my refuse picked up?
- What else can I recycle?
- Does refuse pickup change during the holidays?
- Does State College compost?
- What is accepted in residential organics recycling carts?
- Why is State College Borough switching to automated collection?
- What is automated collection?
- Do I use my own trash bins?
- Why must I use a Borough issued cart?
- When and where should I place my refuse and organics carts?
- Can I bag my organic materials?
- Do I still have to bag my trash if it is in a cart with a lid?
- What if I have extra trash that won’t fit in the cart?
- What should I do when it snows?
- Why do I have to make sure the lid is closed?
- If I move, do I take the cart with me?
- What if I need a larger or smaller cart?
- Am I required to recycle organics?
- Can I get at-door trash collection?
- What food scraps can be recycled?
- What happens if my cart is damaged?
- Can I get an extra garbage cart?
- Can I get an extra recycling bin?
- How do I request bulk item collection?
- What items are accepted in the green-lid organics cart?
- What items are accepted in the black-lid garbage carts?