Housing Assistance Programs

Housing Assistance

If you have no place to live and are in need of temporary emergency shelter you should contact Housing Transitions, Inc. at (814) 237-5508.

A number of agencies in the area provide housing assistance as well as information and referral services to residents. People seeking low-income or government-subsidized housing, should contact the Housing Authority of Centre County at (814) 355-6750.

Interfaith Human Services, Inc. provides financial assistance for rent, security deposit, or utility payments to Centre County residents who are homeless or near homeless. To receive rent or mortgage assistance, the household has to have an eviction notice, the threat of an eviction notice, or be homeless to possibly be eligible for financial service. To receive utility assistance, the client must have a current shut-off notice or have less than a quarter tank of heating oil. Interfaith Mission does not help with telephone or cable bills. For more information, call (814) 234-7731.

Centre County Women's Resource Center operates a shelter for women and children who need a safe place to stay. For more information, call (814) 234-5050 or toll free (877) 234-5050.

For more information, contact the Community Development and Housing Division.

Emergency Assistance

If you have lost your food or clothing or shelter because of a fire, flood or other natural disaster, you can contact the Centre Communities Chapter of the American Red Cross. The Red Cross also provides emergency assistance for servicemen/women and their families. To contact the Red Cross, call (814) 237-3162.

Was this page helpful for you? Yes No