This page contains information and instructions on the Borough's leaf collection. This is updated throughout the year and we recommend you regularly check back for the most up-to-date information.
Spring leaf collection begins the end of March and continues into May depending on the weather. The Public Works Crew will collect leaves once each week through the Borough until collection ends. Leaves are collected curbside. Crews will not collect leaves from alleys unless a property has no street frontage.
SPRING LEAF COLLECTION
3/25/19 THROUGH 5/10/19
- Leaves should be raked to within 5 feet of the curb and should be ready for collection by 7 a.m. each Monday.
- Keep leaves away from any poles, trees or signs and please refrain from blowing or raking leaves into the street as they can clog storm drains and lead to flooding.
- Do not place leaves in bags for this seasonal collection.
- Please make sure that leaves are free of brush, glass, cans, rocks or other debris, as these items may cause injury to workers and damage to the collection equipment.
- Foreign objects and debris mixed in with leaves also add contaminants to our compost feedstock, potentially affecting the finished product.
- For a video on proper instructions click here @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Other leaf collection information:
- Winter Leaf Collection
- Spring Leaf Collection
- Requests an Organics Collection Cart
- Collection and Other Yard Trimmings
During the winter, leaves are collected in residents’ organics recycling cart (green-lid cart). If you have opted out of this voluntary program, leaves may be dropped off at the Glenn O. Hawbaker Recycling Center for a fee.
The spring leaf collection starts in March and ends mid-May. Please follow the instructions listed in the next tab ("Instructions").
Sign up for the organics recycling program by calling (814) 234-7135 or (814) 234-7140 to request an organics recycling cart free of charge.
Brush (woody, chippable material) is collected separately from leaves. Schedule brush collection by calling (814) 234-7135 or submit a request online. Grass clippings and brush that can fit inside an organics recycling cart, should be placed in the green-lidded organic recycling carts.