Virtual Meeting Information
How to participate...
- Register for the event and follow the instructions on how to join
- During the meeting use the "raise hand" feature to indicate you want to speak
- The meeting facilitator will unmute you and ask you to speak
- Please use the questions feature for any questions you have during the meeting
*Please note: for the best meeting experience please join by computer/tablet.
How to watch...
- Borough Council meetings will be televised by C-NET on channel 7 or live-streamed at https://www.cnet1.org/.
- Users can also register to attend the virtual event and watch the meeting online via the Zoom software with webinar plug-in.
About Zoom Software
This software allows the Borough of State College to host virtual meetings/events that provide participants an easy-to-use and engaging experience.
If you have issues utilizing this technology to attend a virtual meeting please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some additional information has been included below.
Overview of Joining a meeting
To join the webinar, click the link that the host provided you or that you received in the confirmation page after you registered. If the host sent a registration confirmation email, the link can also be found there. All virtual meetings scheduled are listed on this page, please register prior to joining.
Joining a webinar by registration link and computer/table (Recommended)
To join the webinar, click the link that the system provided you in the confirmation email. This email may have been sent to your junk/spam folder.
Joining via computer will allow you to view the meeting, utilize the Q&A/chat functionality, and more.
Joining by phone (Not recommended)
- Dial the general Zoom phone number (view all US numbers).
- Enter Webinar ID (listed on this page under "Scheduled Virtual Meetings)
Please note you’ll be prompted to enter a host key if the meeting has not started and participation ID. Please skip both of these prompts.
Phone controls for participants
The following commands can be entered via DTMF tones using your phone’s dial pad while in a Zoom meeting:
- *6 - Toggle mute/unmute
- *9 - Raise hand
This is not recommended because it provides limited functionality and may result in a lower quality meeting experience.