Wildlife Assistance

From time to time, wild animals (such as raccoons, squirrels, or skunks) become a nuisance in residential areas. For assistance if this occurs, please contact one of the following agencies:

  • Wildlife is the responsibility of the Pennsylvania Game Commission and they can be contacted about nuisance animals. The Game Commission can be reached by phone at (570) 398-4744.
For more information on living with Pennsylvania Black Bears, visit:
  • Residents may also contact a wildlife rehabilitation service – they are listed in the telephone book yellow pages under Pets & Animals-Rescue & Rehabilitation.
If you have any questions, please contact the Division of Health and Neighborhood Services at (814) 234-7191 or contact us via email.

Was this page helpful for you? Yes No